Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Protecters

Hey, y'all!
I'm trying out a little twist on my new story, please comment about what you think of it!
1. Different members of the Protecters will write chapters
2. I'm adding pictures!!!! :D

Are ya ready? Cuz' I sure am.

The Protecters: Greece {''Book'' 1}

 
Chapter 1: Lillian:

‘’What are those,’’ Jonathan asked, staring at my ‘’elvish’’ barefoot sandals. I sighed. Boys never knew anything. Thankfully, I was spared the expense of explaining when Chrissy walked in. ‘’We’ve got a mission, troop. We’re going to Greece. Lillian, get your cat suit on,’’ Chrissy said. I almost squealed with excitement. Since I was the newest member to the ‘’troop’’, I had just gotten my suit. After our designer side-kick noticed how fascinated I was with the Egyptian cat god, Bast, {when we went to Egypt – but that’s a different story} he made me sort of a ‘’cat woman’’ suit. It could do all kinds of things:
For one, I had claws. They were fashioned out of real gold, with only little points sticking out. But if I chose so, five inch claws could come out. I had a beaded belt, which held little bags all around it. Jonathan joked it was for my diamonds and pearls. I had a mask/hood, with cat ears at the top. One ear held a speaker, and another a small light projector. Need a picture? Here ya go:
*
‘’I don’t like the crown,’’ Chrissy says, the moment I step out of the changing room. Of course she doesn’t. Jack {our designer}, was probably having a laugh in the boys’ changing room. ‘’Sorry,’’ I shrug, ‘’it’s part of my cat suit.’’ I could feel Chrissy burning inside. She was use to being the only girl. Well, I thought, change is good. ‘’Here, take this,’’ Jack says, throwing a small thing towards me. Without thinking, I stretch out my claws to catch it. I’m sure I can hear Chrissy grudgingly admit it was impressive. ‘’Lipstick. Really?’’ I ask. ‘’Not just any sort. It cost me about $100. Anybody who you kiss, or kisses you, will be poisoned. For some odd reason, you won’t die if you lick or lips or anything. A twist on the whole Ivy woman thing,’’ Jack says. Chrissy took it from me, and applied it to my lips. The color was a dark, murky brownish red. ‘’I don’t like it. Couldn’t you have gotten it in pink?’’ Liam asks. Liam was the oldest, and basically the ‘’daddy’’ to us all. Me being the youngest, of course he thought this. ‘’If I could have gotten it in any other color, I would have gotten one that didn’t compliment her face,’’ Jack says. I hiss at him. Another one of my ‘’amazing’’ cat abilities the suit gives me. ‘’I’m sorry, I don’t find cats very threatening,’’ Jack coolly says. ‘’Who cares, let’s just get in the Blue Moon,’’ Liam says, sighing.
The Blue Moon is our van. On my first trip, I tricked a man into giving it to me*. Just because he was well known, we re-painted it blue, and knocked one of the window-shields on the back off.
We all did our best to stroll casually into a park, and jump into the Blue Moon without raising any suspicion. Of course, that’s rather hard to do when one of us are dressed as Batman*. All the kids happen to run to you and ask for a picture. And apparently, you can’t say no. Oh yeah, and then there’s Catwoman. One of the littlest kids told me to ‘’hand me your pearls now, and nobody gets hurt’’, raising his tiny fist. I walked away.
Once we entered the Blue Moon, it sank underneath to our own ‘’roads’’. But here’s the catch:
Using our roads, it will take us only five minutes to get to Greece. Using anything above our roads, it would take us a lot longer. This, my dear friends, is the prospect of being a super hero.
I suppose I should have explained earlier. Why we are super heroes and heroins. How we became them. Together, it is a long story, but I guess those are what books are for. Maybe one day I will explain farther, but for today this will have to satisfy you:
Jack is from a different world, or so we believe. No Protecter has ever explained much about themselves, because to become a protecter is a sad, dangerous thing. You can’t force it. It chooses you, and once it does, you don’t have a choice anymore. When we’re asked about our pasts, most of us can only shiver in reply. We know, of course, our own pasts, but prefer not to talk about it. There are better subjects to put into words. Chrissy was an orphan, or so she tells us. Leaders can only give out so much information out about themselves. We all know there are people who will change our words. Liam came from a happy, whole family, unlike the rest of us. Sure, his mom and dad had fights, but they always came back together in the end. He had a puppy. Sisters and brothers. A house full of practically anything he wanted. He talks about more of it than the rest of us do, but when some questions are asked a dark look comes over his face. He never says it, but his parents must have been important people. And that means he is not who he was. Or is. Jonathan says: ‘’I appeared out of dumpsters. I don’t know who I am.’’ Jonathan is the only one who suffers from anmisa. The older protecters almost always never knew who they were, so this doesn’t surprise us. Most of us had something to wish for, something to tear us away from the hard life of being a protecter. Protecters are bound together, their strings woven together. You’re only bound must be with the Protecters. Me . . . Well, I have my secrets, too. The longer you stay with the Protecters, the easier it is to loosen up. But I . . . I’ll never be that way.
But out of our tragedies, the Protecters came together. We swear to protect certain people from all time periods, so the things that happened to us will never happen to them. But sometimes we don’t get there in time. Darkness over comes a person, sometimes faster than it would for another. Then they vanish. When they come back, they crawl, slowly, out of a shell, looking for the Protecters. We welcome them, because like us, they have no life anymore. We help them gain it, and sometimes they are so committed as to joining the Protecters. But sometimes darkness comes back. Because there will always be an empty hole in life*. Where darkness comes, begging you to escape with it. To the things unspeakable. 

TO BE CONTINUED!

 Footnotes from Lillian:
*That's not really what my costume looks like, but hey, I had to use one of these free design thingys. Please don't expect pictures from that place to be correct. 
*Or rather, he just gave it to me. I'll never know why, but now he's saying I took it. DID NOT!!
*Not saying who.... LIAM!
*I don't necessarily believe that, but I believe there will always be a part of darkness in our lives. Because we aren't perfect.

~Madeline 

P.S. if you're wondering why I'm posting, check the side. You'll see. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Cool!! =D Can't wait for more! So did you make up the Protectors? Some of it kind of sounds like some of those books by Rick R. about like Sadie and her brother Carter (I didn't finish that book, by the way). So why are they going to Greece? Can't wait for more! :)

    ~Storyteller

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made up the name, but I suppose you could base it on the books by Rick R. ;) {I admire him a ton. He's such a great writer, one day I want to write books towards teens, but still have them holy and pure}
    Their going to Greece to protect a certain person from a Greek Myth {can you guess?} from doing what she does, so the the world isn't rained by terror. So, A.K.A. their roads can also time-travel. {If you can't tell, I like Doctor Who ;)}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, OK. I just know that Bast was in the books. (I seriously can't remember their name!! Urgh!!) He does write really well. That'd be AWESOME if you could publish a book one day!! I hope to do so, too.... Hey! Maybe if we both publish books, then one day we could write one together..... ;)
      Oh, OK. Thanks, Madeline!

      Delete

Hello! So glad that you dropped by to read our stories. How did you like them? Just a few things before you post--please keep everything clean and G rated, as this is a blog that I hope to be open for all ages of readers. Also, be nice in what you post. And thank you! We love to hear your comments.

Sincerely,
Anna, your admin

All photos via pinterest or google images (including used for designing & favicon) unless otherwise stated.