Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hey guys! This isn't poetry, just a song I made up. :) The tune is a bunch of fun, though! It's sung by a girl battling cancer to show her that she's not beat yet and she's determined to smile through the pain. There is more to life than this!
-Dassah

To Beat Johnny Rain Cloud

O, Johnny Rain Cloud, won't you smile for me?
And O, Johnny Rain Cloud, will you ever be free
From your tainted misconception of a horrible place
And your sorry disposition plastered on your face?
O Johnny, don't let yourself forget
That this life ain't quite over yet.

O, Johnny Rain Cloud, I'm tired of feelin' your rain.
And O, Johnny Rain Cloud, spare me just a little bit of pain.
Even though this might be my time to die
No one can say that I didn't try.
There's a time to weep and a time to laugh,
A time to mourn and a time to dance.

O, Johnny Rain Cloud, don't you cry for me.
And O, Johnny Rain Cloud, I don't want your sympathy.
Sometimes it takes some guts to grin
But you just see if I can't win.
O Johnny, are ya feelin' the heat?
'Cause I'm a pretty tough little girl to beat. 

O, Johnny Rain Cloud, cancer is consuming me.
And O, Johnny Rain Cloud, I won't let myself be beat.
I will fight this cancer till the end,
So could you try to smile, my friend?
'Cause if you can grin, Johnny
Then I can win. 


2 comments:

Hello! So glad that you dropped by to read our stories. How did you like them? Just a few things before you post--please keep everything clean and G rated, as this is a blog that I hope to be open for all ages of readers. Also, be nice in what you post. And thank you! We love to hear your comments.

Sincerely,
Anna, your admin

All photos via pinterest or google images (including used for designing & favicon) unless otherwise stated.